This is a very common question we get asked daily at Pierce Land Clearing. There are a few factors to break down and how we handle pricing. By the end of this quick article you should have a very good understanding of what to expect from our company clearing your land.
First and foremost, forestry mulching is by far the most effective and environmentally friendly way to clear your land. By mulching the brush and trees we eliminate the need for large piles to burn and offer a nutrient rich mulch for the soil. Our machines also have very wide tracks offering a low PSI on the ground reducing damage to the soil and root systems of mature trees.
When it comes to forestry mulching we make pricing and quoting easy. We offer two specialty models of forestry mulchers to meet all of our customer’s needs.
Here is break down of the Cost To Clear Land:
Skid Steer Mulcher
- $1500+ Daily
- Able to clear trees up to 6 inches in diameter and all under brush
- Compact and very maneuverable
- Works well in tight spaces
- Rubber tracks can be driven on pavement and over curbs
- Clears 1 to 2 acres a day on average
- Perfect for underbrush, smaller lots, tight residential spaces, and affordable one day clearing jobs.
- Fine mulch
- 8 foot max cutting height
Komatsu D39EX Dozer
- $1500 Daily
- Pond Construction
- Mesquite and Cedar Grubbing
- Home Pad Construction
CMI 175 Mulching Tractor
- $3000 single day per day or $2500 for two or more days per day
- Able to clear trees up to 22 inches in diameter
- Works well in steep and wet conditions
- Steel tracks for increased traction (cannot be driven on pavement or over curbs)
- Able to clear 2-3+ acres a day
- Our most powerful machine offers unmatched mulching power
- Incredibly fine mulch that decomposes quickly
- Travel Speed 2.5 MPH
- 3 foot max cutting height
Which machine should I choose?
Choosing the right machine for the job is crucial, and we always help our clients pick the right machine for us to bring out. Generally the Kubota is geared towards single day brush clearing jobs. If you can fit both hands together around the tree chest high that is about the maximum size for the Kubota. The CMI handles larger projects both in terms of acreage and tree size.
Here are a few examples of common scenarios and which machine to choose
- Clearing 1 acres of brush and saplings around mature oaks -> Kubota
- Clearing a home site of all cedar trees and underbrush -> CMI
- Clearing half and acre of underbrush and 4 inch diameter trees -> Kubota
- Clearing 5 acres of underbrush and saplings -> CMI
- Right of way clearing for road or utilities -> CMI
- Clearing 10 acres of invasive trees -> CMI
- Clearing in a residential area with road crossings or curb crossings -> Kubota (the Fecon amd CMI’s steel tracks can damage roads and crush curbs)
- Clearing larger trees and vines or brush higher than 3 feet. -> Kubota and CMI (the CMI can only cut 3 feet high making it tough to get to higher underbrush and vines.
Why forestry mulching?
- By eliminating the trees and brush where they stand there is not need to pile up, haul off, or burn the unwanted trees and brush.
- Forestry mulchers on compact track loaders are able to operate on steep terrain and will disturb the land and soil much less than large dozers and wheeled loaders.
- By leaving a nutrient rich mulch on the ground you are left with a natural erosion barrier and over time grass will begin to grow through the mulch.
How long is a “day” and what can I expect during that time?
A day begins at 9am. We generally like to meet land owners on site and take a few minutes to go over the project and goals. From there we are off to the races. Our operators are very skilled and will run the machine without breaks until around noon where they will take a 30 minute lunch break and give the machine a break.
From there we finish out the day to 4pm. At that time we will meet again with the land owner and see if any additional tasks need to be completed in the last hour. Remember we are here for you, if you want that old cedar down by your shed now is the time to do it! We will usually begin loading equipment up between 4:30 and 5pm.
Are there any other fees or charges I need to be aware of?
We use this pricing model to keep everything simple and save each of us time and money! We charge a flat rate $300 mobilization fee for all jobs within 100 miles of our Austin, Texas or Blum, Texas locations.
What payment methods do you take and how is that handled?
We take check, cash, card, and paypal. Remember, our goal is to make this entire process as painless and convenient as possible. Give us a call, pick a machine, book a date, sit back and watch us transform your land!
Interested in having your land cleared? Contact us today!
Pierce Land Clearing
Can we see some before and after pictures?